Bucks County architect A. Oscar Martin, started working in Perkasie in the early 1900s on public, commercial, and residential projects. Martin designed the new Perkasie High in 1905 on Third Street. His second school for the Borough was in its Third Ward, also known as South Perkasie in 1908.
The agreement is listed in the county’s mechanic’s liens at the Mercer Museum library:
“Volume 9 Page 324-325, July 7, 1908, an agreement between the School District of Perkasie and Clayton F. Meyers of Perkasie, $3896.35 to build a school build on a lot in the Third Ward with specifications of A. Oscar Martin, Architect of Doylestown, except playroom not to be complied. Completed by Sept. 15, 1908 or $5 per day deducted for each day uncompleted.”