The Firehouse

Perkasie’s original firehouse was designed by Oscar Martin. The firehouse also served as Perkasie’s first movie theater and a public meeting hall. 

Cornelius F. Hendricks, the blind manager of Perkasie’s baseball team, led the effort to raise funds for the new firehouse on Seventh Street, and the station house was dedicated in his honor in October 1907.

The original drawings for the firehouse are in the collection of the Mercer Museum in Doylestown.

%d bloggers like this: