Arch Street School

One of Perkasie’s grandest buildings was Milton Bean’s original Arch Street School on Fifth Street. The original part of the school building with four rooms opened in November 1892. Bean designed a two-room addition in 1895, with architect J.B. Neff designing a second addition in 1901. With the construction of the Perkasie High School in 1905, secondary school students used the facility into the early 1960s, when the school closed. By the early 1970s, the Arch Street School had been replaced with the new fire station.

%d bloggers like this: